But 10 of those tweets stand above the rest for receiving the most retweets.
The most popular tweets show a stark divide between statements—both positive and negative—that his supporters loved and old remarks that his critics recirculated to embarrass or criticize him.
Below are Trump’s most retweeted tweets of all time, according to data provided by Twitter.
1. Trump’s celebratory tweet on Election Day was retweeted by triumphant supporters.
2. Trump’s first message as President-elect, which echoed his victory speech about the economically neglected, was also shared widely.
3. An old tweet about President Obama’s divisive deal to return Sgt. Bowe Bergdahl to the U.S. in exchange for the release of Afghan terror suspects detained at Guanatamo Bay was recirculated by critics during Trump’s first week in office and whenever the Administration ran into trouble.
4. A snarky line about his Democratic rival during the 2016 campaign was also popular.
5. Trump’s frustration when then-Republican presidential nominee Mitt Romney was about to lose the election in 2012 took on a new life when his detractors happily deployed this missive to target Trump—who lost the popular vote by nearly 3 million votes—when he was sworn in on January 20.
6. Another perennial old tweet was one of many holiday-timed bones he has tossed out to “haters and losers.”
7. This Obama-era tweet was one of Trump’s routine criticisms of the potential for American military involvement in Syria, which his critics recirculated when the Trump Administration launched Tomahawk missiles at a Syrian airfield on April 6.
8. Addressing the backlash to Melania Trump’s speech at the Republican national convention, which borrowed phrases from Michelle Obama’s 2008 address, Trump ridiculed the media’s attention.
9. Critics regularly recirculate an old tweet in which Trump calls climate change a hoax.
10. Trump’s simple Twitter announcement on the death of former Cuban leader Fidel Castro also gained attention.
- The Fall of Roe and the Failure of the Feminist Industrial Complex
- The Ocean Is Climate Change’s First Victim and Last Resort
- Column: 6 Proven Ways to Reduce Gun Violence
- Ads Are Officially Coming to Netflix. Here's What That Means for You
- Jenny Slate on the Unifying Power of a Well-Heeled Shell Named Marcel
- Column: The FDA's Juul Ban May Not be a Pure Public Health Triumph
- What the Supreme Court’s Abortion Decision Means for Your State