The Met Gala, an annual fundraiser for the Costume Institute at the Metropolitan Museum of Art, is generally acknowledged as the biggest night in fashion, with designers, industry insiders, models, and celebrities turning out in their finest looks for a night at the museum, celebrating all things sartorial.
Since the event is a fashion lover’s dream, it should come as no surprise that when it comes to the red carpet, attendees pull out all the stops, often adhering to the night’s theme with fantastical, stunning, and at times, bizarre ensembles. If there’s ever a night to take a fashion risk, the Met Gala is the perfect event to go all out.
From Rihanna‘s sweeping yellow, fur-trimmed Guo Pei cape that launched a million memes to Madonna‘s barely-there, punk-inspired fishnet and plaid Givenchy getup, see the 18 most outrageous Met Gala looks of all time above.
- The Case for Mediocrity
- How Russia Is Recruiting Cubans to Fight in Ukraine
- Paul Hollywood Answers All of Your Questions About The Great British Baking Show
- Meet the 2023 TIME100 Next: the Emerging Leaders Shaping the World
- Oprah and Arthur C. Brooks: How to Separate Work From Your Identity
- How Canada and India's Relationship Crumbled
- You Don’t Have to Like Wrestling to Love Netflix’s Excellent Wrestlers
- The Most Anticipated Books, Movies, TV, and Music of Fall 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time