President Donald Trump continued to have harsh words for Canada while signing an executive order to promote agriculture Tuesday.
“People don’t realize Canada’s been very tough on the United States…they’ve outsmarted our politicians for years,” Trump said.
His remarks come after announcing he would impose a 24 percent tariff on Canada for lumber shipped into the United States.
Trump criticized Canada for what he called “very unfair” practices against the U.S.’s dairy industry. Governors Scott Walker of Wisconsin and Andrew Cuomo of New York wrote to him previously asking him to address Canada’s “protectionist dairy trade policies.”
He touched on the issue again Tuesday saying, “This has been going on for a while and we’re not going to put up with it.”
- The Biggest Moments From the Second Republican Debate
- Rooftop Solar Power Has a Dark Side
- Death and Desperation Take Over the World's Largest Refugee Camp
- Right-Wing's New Aim: a Parallel Economy
- Is It Flu, COVID-19, or RSV? Navigating At-Home Tests
- Kerry Washington: The Story of My Abortion
- How Canada and India's Relationship Crumbled
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time