The two are scheduled to talk at 3:45 p.m. ET Thursday at the White House, according to the Associated Press. They are expected to discuss the Group of Seven industrialized nations meeting in Italy next month, as well as a “range of issues,” between the two, White House Press Secretary Sean Spicer said.
The G-7 nations — United States, Canada, Germany, Italy, Japan, France and the United Kingdom — have urged the Russian government to put pressure on the Syrian government to end the country’s six-year civil war, the Associated Press reported.
Trump is expected to travel to Brussels for a NATO meeting in May. He will then attend the G-7 meeting in Italy.
- The Fight to Save the Salmon
- Inside the World of Black Bitcoin, Where Crypto Is About Making More Than Just Money
- The 'Great Resignation' Is Finally Getting Companies to Take Burnout Seriously. Is It Enough?
- Suddenly, Everyone on TV Is Very Rich or Very Poor. What Happened?
- Colin Powell Reflects on His Mistakes in Unpublished TIME Interview
- Business Travel's Demise Could Have Far-Reaching Consequences
- If the U.S. Spends Big on Climate, the Rest of the World Might Follow