It wasn’t quite WrestleMania, but it was close.
Just weeks after crashing a professional wrestling match at WrestleMania 33, New England Patriots star tight end popped in at a very different kind of fight: The daily White House press briefing.
“You need some help?” Rob Gronkowski asked Press Secretary Sean Spicer on Wednesday, drawing laughs. “I think I got this, but thank you,” Spicer answered.
After Gronkowski popped out, Spicer, who appeared genuinely surprised by Gronkowski’s appearance, cracked a smile. “All right. That was cool,” he said.
Naturally Spicer’s reaction to the athlete’s entrance and the Gronkowski-ness of it all combined to create some memes. The internet is often quick to hop on Spicer’s moments, but with Gronkowski tacked on, people were particularly excited about the joke opportunities.
The New England Patriots, 2017’s Super Bowl champions met with President Donald Trump for a ceremonial visit, though Martellus Bennett and Devin McCourty said they would not attend as part of a political statement.
- Inside the Massive Effort to Change the Way Kids Are Taught to Read
- Dubai's Real Estate Market is Booming. One Company is Making It Possible to Invest From Anywhere in the World
- How to Exercise When It's Really Hot Outside
- A New Documentary Sheds Light on a Pivotal Movement in Asian American History
- Far From Home: Afghan Women are Attempting to Build New Lives Abroad
- What Experts Say About How Valuable The Inflation Reduction Act's Green Subsidies Will Be
- What to Know About Long COVID in Kids
- Want to Do More Good? This Movement Might Have the Answer