Naturally, the internet was in a frenzy about the exciting and unexpected announcement; marveling at the idea that the 23-time Grand Slam winner was, impressively, pregnant during January’s Australian Open when she won yet another title. This will be her first child with fiancé Alexis Ohanian, co-founder of Reddit. Williams and Ohanian got engaged this past December in Italy.
Twitter had many feelings upon discovering this life update, including predictions for her baby’s future success:
See a photo of the announcement below.
TIME confirmed that Serena Williams is expecting a baby in the fall.
More Must-Read Stories From TIME
- How an Online Pharmacy Sold Millions Worth Of Dubious COVID-19 Drugs — While Patients Paid the Price
- Why Literally Millions of Americans Are Quitting Their Jobs
- Meet the Women Participating in the Study That Could Change Future of Breast Cancer
- Inside the Battle for the Hearts and Minds of Tomorrow's Business Leaders
- An Innovative Washington Law Aims to Get Foreign-Trained Doctors Back in Hospitals
- Why the Ex-Husband of a Missing Chinese Billionaire Is Risking All to Tell Their Story
- Timothée Chalamet Wants You to Wear Your Heart on Your Sleeve