The episode’s host, Jimmy Fallon, played an ex-boyfriend trying to win back the affection of Jen, played by castmember Cecily Strong — barging in her while she was on a date with another man and serenading her with Savage Garden’s “Truly Madly Deeply.”
“So what do you say Jen?” Fallon asks Strong, before getting down on one knee. “I know I made one of the biggest mistakes a person can make, and I’m sorry. And I’m asking you to take me back.”
He is quickly rebuffed — with a dig at United Airlines. “No Doug!” Strong said. “You dragged a man off a plane this week!” The airline was criticized for forcibly removing a man from a packed plane in Chicago, causing him a range of injuries including a broken nose and a concussion.
Watch the clip above.
- Meet TIME’s Newest Class of Next Generation Leaders
- After Visiting Both Ends of the Earth, I Realized How Much Trouble We’re In
- Google Is Making It Easier to Remove Personal Info From Search
- Oil Companies Posted Huge Profits. Here’s Where The Cash Will Go (Hint: Not Climate)
- Column: We Asked Hundreds of Americans About Abortion. Their Feelings Were Complicated
- A Short History of the Rise, Fall, and Rise Again of the Marcos Family
- Long-Lasting Birth Control Is Already Hard to Get. Advocates Worry It May Only Get Worse
- Who Should Be on the 2022 TIME100? Vote Now