Seth Meyers is clearly not a fan of the nature of the relationship he says has developed between President Donald Trump and Fox News. During the “A Closer Look” segment of Wednesday’s Late Night episode, the host gave his take on what has spurred the network’s “sycophantic coverage” of the current administration.
“They give [Trump] glowing, unquestioning coverage and in return, he gives them unparalleled access,” he said, later adding, “So Fox is basically the closest thing we have to state TV. In fact, the relationship between Trump and Fox News has turned into something of a mutual appreciation society, where they heap praise on one another.”
Meyers then slammed Trump’s defense of Fox News anchor Bill O’Reilly in the wake of a New York Times report that revealed payouts he made to settle allegations of sexual harassment and other inappropriate behavior.
Watch the full clip above.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- Meet the 2024 Women of the Year
- Greta Gerwig's Next Big Swing
- East Palestine, One Year After Train Derailment
- The Closers: 18 People Working to End the Racial Wealth Gap
- Long COVID Doesn’t Always Look Like You Think It Does
- Column: The New Antisemitism
- The Best Romantic Comedies to Watch on Netflix
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time
Write to Megan McCluskey at firstname.lastname@example.org