It turns out Madonna is an expert Twitter troll.
The star took a dig at the controversy surrounding Kendall Jenner ‘s Pepsi ad — which was quickly pulled after being criticized for trivializing protest movements — by posting a picture of herself with a Coke can.
The image is a throwback picture of the singer dressed in red at the 1999 Grammys, with a can in hand.
Madonna is no stranger to soda controversies herself. Pepsi pulled funding for her 1989 tour and an ad campaign featuring the singer, after her “Like a Prayer” video was criticized by numerous religious groups and the Vatican.
It’s been almost 20 years, but the “Material Girl” clearly has a long memory.
- What a Photographer Saw in the West Bank
- The Dirty Secrets of Alternative Plastics
- Accenture’s Chief AI Officer on Why This Is a Defining Moment
- We Should Get Paid for Our Online Data: Column
- Inside COP28's Big 'Experiment'
- The 100 Must-Read Books of 2023
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time