It turns out Madonna is an expert Twitter troll.
The star took a dig at the controversy surrounding Kendall Jenner ‘s Pepsi ad — which was quickly pulled after being criticized for trivializing protest movements — by posting a picture of herself with a Coke can.
The image is a throwback picture of the singer dressed in red at the 1999 Grammys, with a can in hand.
Madonna is no stranger to soda controversies herself. Pepsi pulled funding for her 1989 tour and an ad campaign featuring the singer, after her “Like a Prayer” video was criticized by numerous religious groups and the Vatican.
It’s been almost 20 years, but the “Material Girl” clearly has a long memory.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- Elliot Page: Embracing My Trans Identity Saved Me
- The 'Dopamine Detox' Is Having a Moment
- Column: How the World Must Respond to AI
- What the Debt Ceiling Deal Means for Student Loan Borrowers
- India’s Female Wrestlers Are Saying #MeToo
- 7 Ways to Get Better at Small Talk
- LGBTQ Reality TV Takes on a Painful Moment
- What NASA Can Teach SpaceX About Protecting the Environment