It turns out Madonna is an expert Twitter troll.
The star took a dig at the controversy surrounding Kendall Jenner ‘s Pepsi ad — which was quickly pulled after being criticized for trivializing protest movements — by posting a picture of herself with a Coke can.
The image is a throwback picture of the singer dressed in red at the 1999 Grammys, with a can in hand.
Madonna is no stranger to soda controversies herself. Pepsi pulled funding for her 1989 tour and an ad campaign featuring the singer, after her “Like a Prayer” video was criticized by numerous religious groups and the Vatican.
It’s been almost 20 years, but the “Material Girl” clearly has a long memory.
- Exclusive: The Making of the U.S. Military's New Stealth Bomber
- Your Next House Could Be Made on an Assembly Line
- The Legal Implications of the Debate Over Whether 'Extreme Racism' Is a Mental Illness
- Why European Countries Are Giving Teens Free Money To Spend on Books, Music, and Theater
- Republican Skepticism of Trump Has Never Been Higher
- Column: The U.S. Prison System Doesn't Value True Justice
- How Green Is the Qatar World Cup’s Outdoor AC?
- 16 Funny and Whimsical White Elephant Gifts Under $25
- The 5 Best New TV Shows Our Critic Watched in November 2022