Wearing a black gown with a red dragon-scaled cape, Dany walks through the halls of what is presumably Dragonstone castle—the ancestral seat of House Targaryen located at the entrance to Blackwater Bay—before assuming her seat in the throne room.
This is the first time viewers have seen Daenerys in the colors of her family sigil—not to mention in Westeros—which seems to indicate that she’s fully embraced her status as the Dragon Queen. However, whether this means she’s destined to conquer the Seven Kingdoms as her ancestors once did or doomed to follow in the footsteps of her father—the Mad King—only time will tell.
Season seven of Game of Thrones will premiere July 16 at 9 p.m. on HBO.
- Inside the Massive Effort to Change the Way Kids Are Taught to Read
- Dubai's Real Estate Market is Booming. One Company is Making It Possible to Invest From Anywhere in the World
- How to Exercise When It's Really Hot Outside
- A New Documentary Sheds Light on a Pivotal Movement in Asian American History
- Far From Home: Afghan Women are Attempting to Build New Lives Abroad
- What Experts Say About How Valuable The Inflation Reduction Act's Green Subsidies Will Be
- What to Know About Long COVID in Kids
- Want to Do More Good? This Movement Might Have the Answer