Wearing a black gown with a red dragon-scaled cape, Dany walks through the halls of what is presumably Dragonstone castle—the ancestral seat of House Targaryen located at the entrance to Blackwater Bay—before assuming her seat in the throne room.
This is the first time viewers have seen Daenerys in the colors of her family sigil—not to mention in Westeros—which seems to indicate that she’s fully embraced her status as the Dragon Queen. However, whether this means she’s destined to conquer the Seven Kingdoms as her ancestors once did or doomed to follow in the footsteps of her father—the Mad King—only time will tell.
Season seven of Game of Thrones will premiere July 16 at 9 p.m. on HBO.
More Must-Read Stories From TIME
- How an Online Pharmacy Sold Millions Worth Of Dubious COVID-19 Drugs — While Patients Paid the Price
- Why Literally Millions of Americans Are Quitting Their Jobs
- Meet the Women Participating in the Study That Could Change Future of Breast Cancer
- Inside the Battle for the Hearts and Minds of Tomorrow's Business Leaders
- An Innovative Washington Law Aims to Get Foreign-Trained Doctors Back in Hospitals
- Why the Ex-Husband of a Missing Chinese Billionaire Is Risking All to Tell Their Story
- Timothée Chalamet Wants You to Wear Your Heart on Your Sleeve