Wearing a black gown with a red dragon-scaled cape, Dany walks through the halls of what is presumably Dragonstone castle—the ancestral seat of House Targaryen located at the entrance to Blackwater Bay—before assuming her seat in the throne room.
This is the first time viewers have seen Daenerys in the colors of her family sigil—not to mention in Westeros—which seems to indicate that she’s fully embraced her status as the Dragon Queen. However, whether this means she’s destined to conquer the Seven Kingdoms as her ancestors once did or doomed to follow in the footsteps of her father—the Mad King—only time will tell.
Season seven of Game of Thrones will premiere July 16 at 9 p.m. on HBO.
- Zero-COVID Protests in China Have Rattled Global Markets
- Column: Diversity Initiatives Are Failing the U.S. Muslim Community
- Why European Countries Are Giving Teens Free Money To Spend on Books, Music, and Theater
- Republican Skepticism of Trump Has Never Been Higher
- Column: The U.S. Prison System Doesn't Value True Justice
- How Green Is the Qatar World Cup’s Outdoor AC?
- 16 Funny and Whimsical White Elephant Gifts Under $25
- The 5 Best New TV Shows Our Critic Watched in November 2022