During an episode of Last Week Tonight from last year, the host first introduced viewers to Travis County Republican Chairman Robert Morrow with a segment from a controversial 2016 interview. “I’m like Donald Trump on steroids, sweetheart,” Morrow says in the clip. “So get ready to have some fun reading my Twitter feed.”
Oliver then moved on to Mary Lou Bruner, a candidate for the Texas State Board of Education who has previously written that baby dinosaurs lived on Noah’s ark. “Say what you will about that woman, I would read any history textbook she had a part in creating,” he joked.
Watch the full clip below.
Correction: The original version of this story misstated the date this clip aired on Last Week Tonight. It is from March 6, 2016.
- TIME's 100 Most Influential People of 2022
- Employers Take Note: Young Workers Are Seeking Jobs with a Higher Purpose
- Signs Are Pointing to a Slowdown in the Housing Market—At Last
- Welcome to the Era of Unapologetic Bad Taste
- As the Virus Evolves, COVID-19 Reinfections Are Going to Keep Happening
- A New York Mosque Becomes a Refuge for Afghan Teens Who Fled Without Their Families
- High Gas Prices are Oil Companies' Fault says Ro Khanna, and Democrats Should Go After Them
- Two Million Cases: COVID-19 May Finally Force North Korea to Open Up