Throughout his first few months in office, President Trump has proved himself a ripe meme target, but he has never been quite so meme-able as he was on Thursday when he took the driver’s seat of a truck.
Before Trump met with trucking industry representatives to discuss his health care bill proposals and infrastructure, he climbed into the cab of a semi-truck parked on the White House lawn and pretended to drive. The photos of him enjoying the moment have lit up the internet.
“I am honored to welcome all of the many truckers and … industry leaders to the White House,” he said during the meeting Trump meeting, according to the Washington Post. “America depends on you, and you work very hard for America.”
Onlookers lavished attention on the moment by clapping and snapping photos, which naturally became the latest viral meme skewering him from all angles by imagining him in Mad Max: Fury Road and and on a punk rock album cover.
- The Real Reason Florida Wants to Ban AP African-American Studies, According to an Architect of the Course
- Column: Tyre Nichols' Killing Is The Result of a Diseased Culture
- Without Evusheld, Immunocompromised People Are on Their Own Against COVID-19
- Here Are All the Movies and TV Shows That Make Up the New DCU
- TikTok's 'De-Influencing' Trend Is Here to Tell You What Stuff You Don't Need to Buy
- Column: America Goes About Juvenile Crime Sentencing All Wrong
- Why Your Tax Refund May Be Lower This Year
- Brazil Wants to Abandon a 34,000-Ton Ship at Sea. It Would be an Environmental Disaster
- The 5 Best New TV Shows Our Critic Watched in January 2023