It’s a rare episode of Game of Thrones that doesn’t feature at least one character sipping — or chugging — some wine. So to celebrate the most popular drink in the Seven Kingdoms, HBO has released a line inspired by the medieval fantasy series.
Created by California winemaker Bob Cabral, the three Thrones varieties — Red Blend, Chardonnay and Cabernet Sauvignon — are crafted to embody “the strength of the characters and the terrain of their kingdoms.”
And, of course, each type goes best with a different Westerosi occasion. While the Red Blend is intended for Small Council sessions and the Chardonnay heralds the arrival of spring, the Cabernet Sauvignon is the one worthy of the Iron Throne.
We guess that means it’s the favorite of the resident queen of wine drinking herself, Cersei Lannister.
Game of Thrones wine is available for online purchase here.
- The Fight to Save the Salmon
- Inside the World of Black Bitcoin, Where Crypto Is About Making More Than Just Money
- The 'Great Resignation' Is Finally Getting Companies to Take Burnout Seriously. Is It Enough?
- Suddenly, Everyone on TV Is Very Rich or Very Poor. What Happened?
- Colin Powell Reflects on His Mistakes in Unpublished TIME Interview
- Business Travel's Demise Could Have Far-Reaching Consequences
- If the U.S. Spends Big on Climate, the Rest of the World Might Follow