With less than two minutes to go in Duke’s stunning loss to South Carolina in the second round of March Madness, Blue Devil Luke Kennard was charged with his fifth foul. However, the sophomore guard apparently didn’t agree with the call, as was clear by the look on his face after the whistle was blown.
By the time Kennard had made his way to the bench, his stunned expression was already on the way to being turned into a meme by Duke haters everywhere. While many used the image to mock the Duke stereotype of privilege, others had a more general take on the joke.
See a selection of the best reactions below.
- Volodymyr Zelensky and the Spirit of Ukraine: TIME's 2022 Person of the Year
- Mickey Guyton Is TIME's 2022 Breakthrough Artist of the Year
- The 10 Best Nonfiction Books of 2022
- Column: What Elon Musk Gets Wrong About Free Speech
- The Forgotten Story of One of the First U.S. Soldiers Killed Overseas After Pearl Harbor
- Why You're More Likely to Get Sick in the Winter, According to New Research
- Column: What the Protests Tell Us About China's Future
- 18 Last-Minute Gifts for Everyone on Your List