Bush’s struggle with the plastic rain gear at President Trump’s inauguration quickly became an internet sensation, causing a rush of memes to flood the Internet. Even though Bush appeared to laugh and smile about his sartorial battle, the photos of him became one of the trademarks of Trump’s swearing-in.
The former president sat down with DeGeneres on her show to promote his new book Portraits of Courage. While the two discussed his art, the current presidency and his friendship with Michelle Obama, DeGeneres ultimately brought up the pressing issue at hand: whether or not he had ever worn a poncho. “The poncho was a problem. Have you put one on? Is that the first time?” she asked. Bush replied, “Yeah, it looks like it! That’s for sure.”
DeGeneres later gifted Bush with his own presidential poncho — directions included.
Watch the full video below.
- The Man Who Thinks He Can Live Forever
- Why We Can't Get Over the Roman Empire
- The Final Season of Netflix’s Sex Education Sends Off a Beloved Cast in Style
- How Russia Is Recruiting Cubans to Fight in Ukraine
- The Case for Mediocrity
- Paul Hollywood Answers All of Your Questions About The Great British Baking Show
- How Canada and India's Relationship Crumbled
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time