Bush’s struggle with the plastic rain gear at President Trump’s inauguration quickly became an internet sensation, causing a rush of memes to flood the Internet. Even though Bush appeared to laugh and smile about his sartorial battle, the photos of him became one of the trademarks of Trump’s swearing-in.
The former president sat down with DeGeneres on her show to promote his new book Portraits of Courage. While the two discussed his art, the current presidency and his friendship with Michelle Obama, DeGeneres ultimately brought up the pressing issue at hand: whether or not he had ever worn a poncho. “The poncho was a problem. Have you put one on? Is that the first time?” she asked. Bush replied, “Yeah, it looks like it! That’s for sure.”
DeGeneres later gifted Bush with his own presidential poncho — directions included.
Watch the full video below.
- Here’s How Effective the Original Vaccines Are Against Omicron
- The Promise—And Possible Perils—of Editing What We Say Online
- How Trump Survived Decades of Legal Trouble: Deny, Deflect, Delay, and Don't Put Anything in Writing
- Flint Is Still Shaken by its Water Crisis—and Residents Are Experiencing Long-Term Mental-Health Issues
- A Beer Shortage Is Brewing. A Volcano Is Partly to Blame
- How Fasting Can—and Can't—Improve Gut Health
- Cities Keep Enforcing Curfews for Teens, Despite Evidence They Don't Stop Crime
- Joe Manchin’s Red Tape Reform Could Supercharge Renewable Energy in the U.S.
- Column: We Should Talk More About What a Brilliant Actor Marilyn Monroe Was