At long last, 20-year-old New Zealand singer-songwriter Lorde of “Royals” fame has released her new single, the first in three years. It’s called “Green Light,” and she’s been teasing it over the past week with a series of mysterious short videos and installations in her hometown of Auckland.
“I am so proud of this song. It’s very different, and kinda unexpected. It’s complex and funny and sad and joyous and it’ll make you DANCE,” she wrote in a tweet in the lead-up to its release. “It’s the first chapter of a story I’m gonna tell you, the story of the last two wild, fluorescent years of my life,” she continued. Listen to “Green Light” and watch the brand-new video, above.
- Extreme Heat Makes It Hard for Kids to Be Active. But Exercise Is Crucial In a Warming World
- Pelosi's Visit to Taiwan Has Badly Damaged U.S.-China Relations, But Not Irreversibly
- Reality TV Has Reshaped Our World, Whether We Like It or Not
- Progress Is Not A Given. It is Won: The Connection Between James Baldwin and Toni Morrison
- The Inflation Reduction Act's Name Says A Lot About The Climate Fight
- How Reservation Dogs Became More than Just Must-See Television in Its Second Season
- The U.S Will Soon Have Space Force Ambassadors Around the World