President Donald Trump called for a military buildup, criticized the media and reiterated his campaign calls to repeal the Affordable Care Act and build a wall on the Mexican border in a speech to grassroots conservatives on Friday.
Speaking at the annual Conservative Political Action Conference outside Washington, D.C., Trump repeated many of his applause lines from the campaign trail, even bashing former Democratic nominee Hillary Clinton, which sparked a brief chant of “lock her up!” from the crowd.
“I love this place. I love you people,” he told the audience. “I wouldn’t miss a chance to talk to my friends. These are my friends.”
Read a complete transcript of Trump’s remarks below:
- The Man Who Thinks He Can Live Forever
- How a Government Shutdown Could Affect You
- The Threat to Louisiana's Drinking Water
- Colleges Get Creative to Boost Mental Health
- How Russia Is Recruiting Cubans to Fight in Ukraine
- Paul Hollywood Answers All of Your Questions About The Great British Baking Show
- How Canada and India's Relationship Crumbled
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time