President Donald Trump called for a military buildup, criticized the media and reiterated his campaign calls to repeal the Affordable Care Act and build a wall on the Mexican border in a speech to grassroots conservatives on Friday.
Speaking at the annual Conservative Political Action Conference outside Washington, D.C., Trump repeated many of his applause lines from the campaign trail, even bashing former Democratic nominee Hillary Clinton, which sparked a brief chant of “lock her up!” from the crowd.
“I love this place. I love you people,” he told the audience. “I wouldn’t miss a chance to talk to my friends. These are my friends.”
Read a complete transcript of Trump’s remarks below:
More Must-Read Stories From TIME
- How an Online Pharmacy Sold Millions Worth Of Dubious COVID-19 Drugs — While Patients Paid the Price
- Why Literally Millions of Americans Are Quitting Their Jobs
- Meet the Women Participating in the Study That Could Change Future of Breast Cancer
- Inside the Battle for the Hearts and Minds of Tomorrow's Business Leaders
- An Innovative Washington Law Aims to Get Foreign-Trained Doctors Back in Hospitals
- Why the Ex-Husband of a Missing Chinese Billionaire Is Risking All to Tell Their Story
- Timothée Chalamet Wants You to Wear Your Heart on Your Sleeve