Stephen Colbert has a bone to pick about the budding friendship between President Donald Trump and Infowars head honcho Alex Jones. During the opening monologue of Wednesday’s episode of The Late Show, the host mocked the conservative radio host’s reported new role as “occasional information source” and “validator” for Trump, airing several controversial clips from his show.
“If you’ve been living underground for the last few years, you probably listen to Alex Jones,” Colbert joked. “But for the rest of you, he runs a conspiracy website called Infowars. The name’s easy to remember — just imagine info, then imagine someone at war with it. And Donald Trump’s phone buddy has gained a reputation for telling it like it isn’t.”
Watch the full video below.
- The Fight to Save the Salmon
- Inside the World of Black Bitcoin, Where Crypto Is About Making More Than Just Money
- The 'Great Resignation' Is Finally Getting Companies to Take Burnout Seriously. Is It Enough?
- Suddenly, Everyone on TV Is Very Rich or Very Poor. What Happened?
- Colin Powell Reflects on His Mistakes in Unpublished TIME Interview
- Business Travel's Demise Could Have Far-Reaching Consequences
- If the U.S. Spends Big on Climate, the Rest of the World Might Follow