Stephen Colbert apparently feels that one group has gotten the short end of the stick since Donald Trump became president. The Late Show host opened Monday night’s episode by observing that the media has replaced ISIS as the United States’ biggest threat.
Referencing a Friday tweet in which Trump dubbed several mainstream media outlets “the enemy of the American people,” Colbert joked that it wasn’t fair to the terror group. “You know who I feel bad for? ISIS,” he said. “They try so hard, sorry ISIS. If you want to get on the list, you have to publish photos of Trump’s inauguration crowd. Then he’ll be really angry at you.”
Watch the full clip below.
- These Charts Show COVID-19 Is Still the Pandemic of the Unvaccinated
- Reddit Allows Hate Speech to Flourish in Its Global Forums, Moderators Say
- What It Takes to Get Support for a Black Boy With Special Needs
- Shonda Rhimes Already Knows What You're Going to Watch Next
- How Harry Reid Paved the Way for Democrats to Kill the Filibuster
- President Biden's Speech in Atlanta Was Designed to Appeal to Black Voters—But Not Everything About It Succeeded
- China Is Finding Fewer Reliable Sources of Coal. That Could Be Bad News for the Climate