Stephen Colbert apparently feels that one group has gotten the short end of the stick since Donald Trump became president. The Late Show host opened Monday night’s episode by observing that the media has replaced ISIS as the United States’ biggest threat.
Referencing a Friday tweet in which Trump dubbed several mainstream media outlets “the enemy of the American people,” Colbert joked that it wasn’t fair to the terror group. “You know who I feel bad for? ISIS,” he said. “They try so hard, sorry ISIS. If you want to get on the list, you have to publish photos of Trump’s inauguration crowd. Then he’ll be really angry at you.”
Watch the full clip below.
- 2022 Time100 NEXT: TIME’s List Of Emerging Leaders Who Are Shaping the Future
- Industrial Farming Causes Climate Change. The ‘Slow Food’ Movement Wants to Stop It
- What Reading 220 History Textbooks Taught One Scholar About Racism in America
- Artist Oliver Jeffers Wants to Paint the World Out of a Corner
- A Vibrant North Korean Community in London Finds Its Days Are Numbered
- COVID-19 Vaccines Can Make Periods Longer, Study Says
- Column: What Happened When My Entire Family Came Out
- How DeSantis Handles Hurricane Ian Will Shape His Political Future
- 6 Groups Making Mental Health Care More Accessible to People of Color