“I can’t possibly accept this award,” she said tearfully as Beyoncé looked on, visibly touched. “The Lemonade album was just so monumental, Beyoncé. It was so monumental and well thought-out and beautiful and soul-bearing. We appreciate that. All of us artists here adore you. You are our light.”
But that wasn’t all. Before Adele nabbed awards in three categories that the Lemonade singer was also nominated in, she hit the red carpet in a green dress with a striking blink-and-you-miss it Beyoncé touch.
The detail spotters of the internet noticed Adele’s sparkly bright yellow lemon pin in the upper right-hand corner of her dress. The fruit pin was a likely nod to Beyoncé’s high-impact 2016 album, and not because Adele takes a squeeze of lemon in her tea.
It wasn’t as obvious as her George Michael-style cross earrings, but the symbol confirms that Adele keeps her faith in Beyoncé close to her heart, regardless of who wins.
- LeBron James Could Take Pickleball—Yes, Pickleball—to the Next Level
- It's Going to Be a Lot More Expensive to Heat Your Home This Winter. Here's What To Expect
- The U.S. Might Be the Surprising Determining Factor in the Future of Armenia
- Rapper Saucy Santana Is Opening a Door For His Community
- Here are the Biggest Moments from the TIME100 Leadership Forum and Impact Awards in Singapore
- Column: Russia Wants to Lock Ukraine Back in the Soviet Cellar
- As the Kanjuruhan Tragedy Shows, Indonesia Has Not Resolved Its Long-Standing Problem of Soccer Violence
- Here's Everything New on Netflix in October 2022
- A New Documentary Series Illuminates the History and Evolution of Queer Horror