Bruno Mars paid tribute to musical icon Prince during the 2017 Grammy Awards.
The tribute began when The Time (a member of the Purple One’s Minneapolis musical family) warmed up the audience with “Jungle Love” and “The Bird” (both penned by Prince). Dressed in a purple suit, with a touch of eyeliner and mimicking Prince’s dance moves, Mars opened with Prince’s “Let’s Go Crazy,” in honor of the singer, who died last year.
The performance proved popular among both Prince and Mars fans online — prompting a wave of love and appreciation for Mars.
- Supreme Court Overturns Roe v. Wade, Undoing Constitutional Right to Abortion
- What the Supreme Court’s Abortion Decision Means for Your State
- The Failure of the Feminist Industrial Complex
- The Fight Over Abortion Has Only Just Begun
- Column: How Stereotypes Shape the Language People Use
- Everything We Know About Beyoncé's New Album, Renaissance
- Homes Made from Straw or Fungi Can Now Get You a Cheaper Mortgage in the Netherlands
- Going on Vacation This Summer? Welcome to the 'Revenge Travel' Economy