Bruno Mars paid tribute to musical icon Prince during the 2017 Grammy Awards.
The tribute began when The Time (a member of the Purple One’s Minneapolis musical family) warmed up the audience with “Jungle Love” and “The Bird” (both penned by Prince). Dressed in a purple suit, with a touch of eyeliner and mimicking Prince’s dance moves, Mars opened with Prince’s “Let’s Go Crazy,” in honor of the singer, who died last year.
The performance proved popular among both Prince and Mars fans online — prompting a wave of love and appreciation for Mars.
- What a Photographer Saw in the West Bank
- Accenture’s Chief AI Officer on Why This Is a Defining Moment
- Inside COP28's Big 'Experiment'
- U.S. Doctors Can't Be Silent About Gaza: Column
- The Movie Wives Would Like a Word
- The 100 Must-Read Books of 2023
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time