It seems that it’s no longer just a dog’s world at the Westminster Dog Show.
For the first time ever, cats appeared at the show — after the Westminster Kennel Club recognized the Bengal cat as one of 2017’s newest breeds. The club also announced three new dog breeds, AM New York reports.
The cats debuted at the multi-day event called “Meet and Compete” on Saturday. The event was in a partnership between AKC Meet the Breeds and the Masters Agility Championship.
“It makes it interesting,” Gail Miller Bisher, a spokeswoman for the Westminster Kennel Club, first told AM New York. “It’s a celebration of dogs — and now cats — but it needs to be a little bit of everything for everybody. That’s what we like about it.”
- Taylor Swift Is TIME's 2023 Person of the Year
- Meet the Nation Builders
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- Column: It's Time to Scrap the Abraham Accords
- Israeli Family Celebrates Release of Hostage Grandmother
- In a New Movie, Beyoncé Finds Freedom
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time