Featuring Westeros’ three main power players—Cersei Lannister, Jon Snow and Daenerys Targaryen—the 90-second spot shows each ruler making their way toward the throne room in their respective castle—the Red Keep, Winterfell and what is presumably the Targaryen ancestral seat of Dragonstone—while James’ “Sit Down” plays in the background.
The trailer takes a turn around the one-minute mark as Cersei blows out a puff of cold air from the Iron Throne that materializes into what appears to be the icy blue eye of the Night’s King—an ending similar to that of the “Sigils” teaser released earlier in March. Winter is, very clearly, here.
Season seven of Game of Thrones will premiere July 16 at 9 p.m. on HBO.
- TIME's Top 100 Photos of 2022
- I Tested Positive for COVID-19 Right Before the Holidays. What Should I Do?
- Column: How To Create a Sense of Belonging In a Divided America
- How to Survive the Holidays if You're a Scrooge
- Life Expectancy Provides Evidence of How Far Black Americans Have Come
- The 10 Best Albums of 2022
- Iran Has a Long History of Protest and Activism
- 6 Ways to Give Better Gifts—Based on Science