Featuring Westeros’ three main power players—Cersei Lannister, Jon Snow and Daenerys Targaryen—the 90-second spot shows each ruler making their way toward the throne room in their respective castle—the Red Keep, Winterfell and what is presumably the Targaryen ancestral seat of Dragonstone—while James’ “Sit Down” plays in the background.
The trailer takes a turn around the one-minute mark as Cersei blows out a puff of cold air from the Iron Throne that materializes into what appears to be the icy blue eye of the Night’s King—an ending similar to that of the “Sigils” teaser released earlier in March. Winter is, very clearly, here.
Season seven of Game of Thrones will premiere July 16 at 9 p.m. on HBO.
- Inside the Massive Effort to Change the Way Kids Are Taught to Read
- Dubai's Real Estate Market is Booming. One Company is Making It Possible to Invest From Anywhere in the World
- How to Exercise When It's Really Hot Outside
- A New Documentary Sheds Light on a Pivotal Movement in Asian American History
- Far From Home: Afghan Women are Attempting to Build New Lives Abroad
- What Experts Say About How Valuable The Inflation Reduction Act's Green Subsidies Will Be
- What to Know About Long COVID in Kids
- Want to Do More Good? This Movement Might Have the Answer