Continuing her now frequent practice of criticizing President Donald Trump on Twitter, J.K. Rowling didn’t hesitate to share her thoughts on the President’s most recent tweet spree, much to the delight of fellow English celebrity, comedian Ricky Gervais.
Responding to a Monday morning tweet in which Trump said that any polls showing Americans were not in favor of his travel ban for seven majority-Muslim countries were “fake news,” the Harry Potter author wrote, “Can you imagine the number of mirrors this man must have smashed?”
The quip prompted a quick reaction from Gervais, who apparently enjoyed her joke. “Hahaha,” the former David Brent: Life on the Roadstar replied shortly after delivering his own one-liner: “Any tweets that don’t agree with my tweets are FAKE NEWS!”
- Exclusive: The Making of the U.S. Military's New Stealth Bomber
- Your Next House Could Be Made on an Assembly Line
- The Legal Implications of the Debate Over Whether 'Extreme Racism' Is a Mental Illness
- Why European Countries Are Giving Teens Free Money To Spend on Books, Music, and Theater
- Republican Skepticism of Trump Has Never Been Higher
- Column: The U.S. Prison System Doesn't Value True Justice
- How Green Is the Qatar World Cup’s Outdoor AC?
- 16 Funny and Whimsical White Elephant Gifts Under $25
- The 5 Best New TV Shows Our Critic Watched in November 2022