The Patriots Day star — who was with his wife and two sons — was filmed exiting NRG stadium near the beginning of the fourth quarter, meaning he missed out on seeing his team execute the greatest comeback in Super Bowl history to defeat the Atlanta Falcons 34-28 in overtime.
Wahlberg later took to Instagram to explain his early departure. “I had to leave the game early because my youngest son wasn’t feeling well,” he captioned a photo of his family on the field before kickoff. “Trust me, I would have loved to be at the stadium — but family first. Doesn’t mean I don’t love my Patriots too!”
- Who Will Be TIME's Person of the Year 2023?
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- The Dirty Secrets of Alternative Plastics
- Column: It's Time to Scrap the Abraham Accords
- Israeli Family Celebrates Release of Hostage Grandmother
- In a New Movie, Beyoncé Finds Freedom
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time