The oath of office was administered by Supreme Court Chief Justice John Roberts. Following the ceremony, Trump delivered his inaugural speech as rain began to fall over Washington, D.C.
Trump’s remarks recalled the populist message that propelled his campaign.
“Today, we are not merely transferring power from one administration to another, or from one party to another, but we are transferring power from Washington, D.C. and giving it back to you, the people,” Trump said. “The establishment protected itself, but not the citizens of this country. Their victories have not been your victories. Their triumphs have not been your triumphs.”
- The Fight to Save the Salmon
- Inside the World of Black Bitcoin, Where Crypto Is About Making More Than Just Money
- The 'Great Resignation' Is Finally Getting Companies to Take Burnout Seriously. Is It Enough?
- Suddenly, Everyone on TV Is Very Rich or Very Poor. What Happened?
- Colin Powell Reflects on His Mistakes in Unpublished TIME Interview
- Business Travel's Demise Could Have Far-Reaching Consequences
- If the U.S. Spends Big on Climate, the Rest of the World Might Follow