Over the past eight years, the presidency of Barack Obama, the nation’s 44th president, has been marked by moments both big and small. From the signing of the economic stimulus package, to the killing of Osama bin Laden, to the passage of the Affordable Care Act, to that time he wore a tan suit to a news conference and broke the internet. As the President’s final term comes to a close, TIME has taken a look back at the most consequential moments of his two terms in office.
Watch them above.
- What a Photographer Saw in the West Bank
- Accenture’s Chief AI Officer on Why This Is a Defining Moment
- Inside COP28's Big 'Experiment'
- U.S. Doctors Can't Be Silent About Gaza: Column
- The Movie Wives Would Like a Word
- The 100 Must-Read Books of 2023
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time