After president-elect Donald Trump called legendary actress Meryl Streep “over-rated” in a tweet Sunday night in response to her acceptance speech at the evening’s Golden Globes, some users on the internet were not at all pleased. (Streep is arguably the most universally respected actor currently working in Hollywood, after all).
In response, users took to Twitter to express what they feel the President-elect feels similarly about, whether the “things” were from his public statements to qualities they personally feel he lacks. (There was plenty of ire directed at his signature hairstyle and skin tone, too.) Even actress Emmy Rossum got in on the trend.
Of course, not everyone was on board with the sentiment.
- Exclusive: The Making of the U.S. Military's New Stealth Bomber
- Your Next House Could Be Made on an Assembly Line
- The Legal Implications of the Debate Over Whether 'Extreme Racism' Is a Mental Illness
- Why European Countries Are Giving Teens Free Money To Spend on Books, Music, and Theater
- Republican Skepticism of Trump Has Never Been Higher
- Column: The U.S. Prison System Doesn't Value True Justice
- How Green Is the Qatar World Cup’s Outdoor AC?
- 16 Funny and Whimsical White Elephant Gifts Under $25
- The 5 Best New TV Shows Our Critic Watched in November 2022