Carrie Fisher’s current and former co-stars, including the cast of the Star Wars franchise, are sending support and prayers to the actor as she remains in the hospital after having a medical emergency on a plane heading to Los Angeles from London.
Fisher was taken to a Los Angeles hospital from the airport on Friday, according to PEOPLE. Fisher was reportedly unresponsive when emergency personnel arrived and “aggressively treated,” according to the Los Angeles Fire Department. Fisher’s brother Todd told news outlets that Fisher was in the intensive care unit.
“We certainly do not know her condition, that’s why she is in ICU. I’m sure everyone wants to speculate, but now is not the time for that,” Todd told Entertainment Tonight. “If everyone could just pray for her that would be good.”
The Associated Press later reported that Fisher was in stable condition.
Fisher’s Star Wars co-star Harrison Ford released a statement to PEOPLE: “I am shocked and saddened to hear the news about my dear friend. Our thoughts are with Carrie, her family and friends.”
Many other concerned friends from all over Hollywood took to Twitter to send love and support to the 60-year-old actor, known for playing Princess Leia in Star Wars, and her family, including her fellow Star Wars castmates Mark Hamill and Peter Mayhew.
Celebrities ranging from William Shatner to Sharon Osbourne also wished Fisher well.
- Volodymyr Zelensky and the Spirit of Ukraine: TIME's 2022 Person of the Year
- Mickey Guyton Is TIME's 2022 Breakthrough Artist of the Year
- The 10 Best Nonfiction Books of 2022
- Column: What Elon Musk Gets Wrong About Free Speech
- The Forgotten Story of One of the First U.S. Soldiers Killed Overseas After Pearl Harbor
- Why You're More Likely to Get Sick in the Winter, According to New Research
- Column: What the Protests Tell Us About China's Future
- 18 Last-Minute Gifts for Everyone on Your List