“For the past seven years, I’ve established another tradition, embarrassing my daughters with a corny-copia of dad jokes about turkeys,” said Obama, who brought his two nephews with him this year.
Even without Sasha and Malia, who “just couldn’t take my jokes anymore,” Obama kept up the tradition of Thanksgiving puns. “Look, I know there’s some bad ones in here, but this is the last time I’m doing this, so we’re not leaving any room for leftovers,” he said.
Read his full remarks here:
- Taylor Swift Is TIME's 2023 Person of the Year
- Meet the Nation Builders
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- Column: It's Time to Scrap the Abraham Accords
- Israeli Family Celebrates Release of Hostage Grandmother
- In a New Movie, Beyoncé Finds Freedom
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time