The annual presidential turkey pardon has been going on since 1947. This year’s official pardoning ceremony is slated to begin Wednesday at about 2:45 p.m. ET.
Obama plans to designate one turkey as the National Thanksgiving Turkey and then send the two birds to Virginia Tech, where they will carry out the rest of their lives.
Last year, Obama pardoned two twin male turkeys named Honest and Abe.
- Exclusive: The Making of the U.S. Military's New Stealth Bomber
- Your Next House Could Be Made on an Assembly Line
- The Legal Implications of the Debate Over Whether 'Extreme Racism' Is a Mental Illness
- Why European Countries Are Giving Teens Free Money To Spend on Books, Music, and Theater
- Republican Skepticism of Trump Has Never Been Higher
- Column: The U.S. Prison System Doesn't Value True Justice
- How Green Is the Qatar World Cup’s Outdoor AC?
- 16 Funny and Whimsical White Elephant Gifts Under $25
- The 5 Best New TV Shows Our Critic Watched in November 2022