Warning: This post contains spoilers for The Walking Dead.
The season 7 premiere of The Walking Dead shocked fans Sunday night when Negan killed off not one, but two beloved Alexandrians. First Abraham and then — following an unfortunate outburst from Daryl — original group member Glenn.
The gruesome scene was not entirely unexpected, as Glenn also died at the hands of Negan and his razor wire-wrapped bat Lucille in the Walking Dead comic books. However, watching the brutal beatdown play out on TV brought a whole new level of horror to the sequence.
But as it turns out, Steven Yeun — who played the pizza delivery boy turned zombie slayer — wouldn’t have had it any other way. During a live interview on Talking Dead following the episode, the 32-year-old actor revealed he was all for Glenn being Negan’s victim, according to Entertainment Weekly.
After taking an extremely hard hit from Lucille, Glenn still managed to utter a final message to his pregnant wife — “Maggie, I’ll find you” — before Negan finished the job, an ending that Yeun felt was extremely fitting for his character.
Read more at EW.com.
- The Fall of Roe and the Failure of the Feminist Industrial Complex
- What Trump Knew About January 6
- The Ocean Is Climate Change’s First Victim and Last Resort
- Column: 6 Proven Ways to Reduce Gun Violence
- Ads Are Officially Coming to Netflix. Here's What That Means for You
- Jenny Slate on the Unifying Power of a Well-Heeled Shell Named Marcel
- Column: The FDA's Juul Ban May Not be a Pure Public Health Triumph
- What the Supreme Court’s Abortion Decision Means for Your State