Warning: This post contains spoilers for the season 7 premiere of The Walking Dead.
The season 7 premiere of The Walking Dead did not immediately reveal which of the 11 Alexandrians Negan beat to death with his barbed-wire wrapped baseball bat Lucille. Instead, it began with Negan dragging Rick into the RV to further break him following the kill.
The Saviors leader drove Rick to a remote walker-infested location where he tossed his ax outside of the RV and ordered him to retrieve it. It was then that Rick flashed back to the moment the April finale left off at, showing that Abraham was the one selected in Negan’s twisted game of Eeny Meeny Miny Moe.
Following Abraham’s brutal beatdown, Negan proceeded to taunt Rosita with the blood-soaked Lucille, prompting Daryl to jump up to defend her. However, this outburst only served to push Negan to choose another victim, and this time, it was Glenn.
The rest of the episode consisted of Negan continuing to demonstrate his ruthlessness, even going so far as to force Rick into believing he was going to make him cut off Carl’s arm.
The Saviors finally left the crew to regroup, but not before taking Daryl prisoner and threatening to torture him if they started to get any ideas about fighting back.
The hour concluded with the Alexandrians mourning the deaths of their loved ones as Rick envisioned what the future would have looked like if they had been able to live in peace.
- How the Anti-Vax Movement Is Taking Over the Right
- What Happens Next in Ukraine Could Change Europe Forever
- There's So Much More To Say About Bill Cosby
- Death Doulas Used to Be Rare. The COVID-19 Pandemic Changed That
- What It Feels Like to Be a Muslim Woman Auctioned Online by India's Right Wing
- America's First Openly Trans City Council President Wants to Heal Minneapolis
- The World's Farmers Need to Prepare for Serious Cash Crop Disruption