Warning: This post contains spoilers for the season 7 premiere of The Walking Dead.
The season 7 premiere of The Walking Dead did not immediately reveal which of the 11 Alexandrians Negan beat to death with his barbed-wire wrapped baseball bat Lucille. Instead, it began with Negan dragging Rick into the RV to further break him following the kill.
The Saviors leader drove Rick to a remote walker-infested location where he tossed his ax outside of the RV and ordered him to retrieve it. It was then that Rick flashed back to the moment the April finale left off at, showing that Abraham was the one selected in Negan’s twisted game of Eeny Meeny Miny Moe.
Following Abraham’s brutal beatdown, Negan proceeded to taunt Rosita with the blood-soaked Lucille, prompting Daryl to jump up to defend her. However, this outburst only served to push Negan to choose another victim, and this time, it was Glenn.
The rest of the episode consisted of Negan continuing to demonstrate his ruthlessness, even going so far as to force Rick into believing he was going to make him cut off Carl’s arm.
The Saviors finally left the crew to regroup, but not before taking Daryl prisoner and threatening to torture him if they started to get any ideas about fighting back.
The hour concluded with the Alexandrians mourning the deaths of their loved ones as Rick envisioned what the future would have looked like if they had been able to live in peace.
- What We Know So Far About the Deadly Earthquakes in Turkey and Syria
- Beyoncé's Album of the Year Snub Fits Into the Grammys' Long History of Overlooking Black Women
- How the U.S. Shot Down the Alleged Chinese Spy Balloon
- Effective Altruism Has a Toxic Culture of Sexual Harassment and Abuse, Women Say
- Inside Bolsonaro's Surreal New Life as a Florida Man—and MAGA Darling
- 'Return to Office' Plans Spell Trouble for Working Moms
- 8 Ways to Read More Books—and Why You Should
- Why Aren't Movies Sexy Anymore?
- How Logan Paul's Crypto Empire Fell Apart