The video, which was directed by David Dobkin (who also helmed the group’s wedding crashing “Sugar” video) features frontman Adam Levine dressed up as a sort of bug and dealing with heartbreak over a fellow Pokemon who’s played by Sarah Silverman.
Celebrity cameos abound, featuring everyone from The Office‘s Ed Helms to Vince Vaughn, as stars-cum-Pokemon who are being chased by humans looking to “catch” them with their smartphones. Absent from the star-studded lineup is Lamar, whose part in the song is not a part of the video.
Is this video a bizarre, sly nod to society’s obsession with celebrity in the social media age? Or is it just some light-hearted fun at the expense of the viral app? Who knows — but one thing is clear, with the celebs in “Don’t Wanna Know,” you’ve just gotta catch them all.
Watch the full video below.
- What We Know So Far About the Deadly Earthquakes in Turkey and Syria
- Beyoncé's Album of the Year Snub Fits Into the Grammys' Long History of Overlooking Black Women
- How the U.S. Shot Down the Alleged Chinese Spy Balloon
- Effective Altruism Has a Toxic Culture of Sexual Harassment and Abuse, Women Say
- Inside Bolsonaro's Surreal New Life as a Florida Man—and MAGA Darling
- 'Return to Office' Plans Spell Trouble for Working Moms
- 8 Ways to Read More Books—and Why You Should
- Why Aren't Movies Sexy Anymore?
- How Logan Paul's Crypto Empire Fell Apart