For most pizza lovers, a Domino’s order is only a phone call and a short wait away. But for those unlucky folks living along rivers out in the country, delivery has never been an option — that is, until delivery by canoe was announced.
The new waterway service — which is currently only available along the River Loose in Maidstone, Kent, in England — offers Domino’s customers the opportunity to have their food delivered riverside by a pizza “buoy” wearing a full wetsuit, according to the Mirror. And to ensure the pies don’t get wet along the way, they will not only be housed in boxes that float, but accompanied by their very own lifebuoy.
“It’s great living by the river but it has always been impossible to get food delivered to our house so we owe Domino’s a big thank you for allowing us to have a night in,” said Debbie Hayes, the recipient of the first canoe-carried pizza.
Read more at the Mirror.
- LGBTQ Reality TV Takes on a Painful Moment
- Column: How the World Must Respond to AI
- What the Debt Ceiling Deal Means for Student Loan Borrowers
- India’s Female Wrestlers Are Saying #MeToo
- 7 Ways to Get Better at Small Talk
- Florence Pugh Might Just Save the Movie Star From Extinction
- The End of Succession
- Scientists Get Closer to Harnessing Solar Power From Space