During the heated clash of Sunday night’s presidential debate between Hillary Clinton and Donald Trump, an unexpected winner emerged. It’s Ken Bone, an audience member with excellent taste in knitwear, who stepped forward to ask the candidates a question about meeting America’s energy needs while remaining environmentally friendly while minimizing job loss fossil power plant workers.
“I had a really nice olive suit, and my mother would have been very proud to see me wearing on television, but apparently I have gained about 30 pounds,” Bone said. “And when I went to get in my car the morning of the debate I split the seat of my pants all the way open. So the red sweater is plan B. I’m glad it worked out.”
He’s reportedly getting flooded with Facebook friend requests, but as for the election, Bone says he is still undecided when it comes to who he’ll be voting for in the polls this November.
“Well, I know people hate to hear this but I think I might be more undecided than ever,” he said. “I was leaning very heavily towards Donald Trump but Secretary Clinton impressed me with her composure and with a lot of her answers. So now I think I’m just going to wait for the last political debate and in this cycle you never know what could happen.”
Undecided though he may be, Ken Bone remains a true American hero — at least to Twitter users across the nation.
Watch the question here.
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- The Dirty Secrets of Alternative Plastics
- Israeli Family Celebrates Release of Hostage Grandmother
- We Should Get Paid for Our Online Data: Column
- The COP28 Outcomes Business Leaders Are Watching For
- The 100 Must-Read Books of 2023
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time