Actress Sarah Paulson is known for her dramatic chops—she just picked up an Emmy for portraying prosecutor Marcia Clark in The People vs. OJ Simpson: American Crime Story and is a longstanding cast member of American Horror Story—but that doesn’t mean she can’t bust out a casual rap when the occasion arises, as it did on Thursday night while she was on Jimmy Fallon’s show.
“I hate putting people on the spot,” Fallon started.
“Oh, but you’re going to,” she said, as he proceeded to toss her a mic and the Roots picked up the beat to the song “Shoop,” a 1993 classic by the rap group Salt-N-Pepa. Despite her initial hesitation, Paulson quickly got into the groove, rapping a flawless rendition of the old-school jam. Watch her MC like a champ, above.
- Bad Bunny's Next Move
- 'How Is This Still Happening?' A Survivor Questions America's Gun Violence Problem
- Nicole Chung: The Person I Became After My Father's Death
- Can Birth Control Help Solve the World's Rat Problem?
- About That Devastating Tom-Shiv Scene in Succession's Premiere
- Why Humza Yousaf's Win Is 'Historic' for Scotland
- If Donald Trump Is Indicted, Here's What Would Happen Next in the Process
- It's Time to Say a Loving Goodbye to John Wick
- Who Should Be on the 2023 TIME100? Vote Now
- Column: Ozempic Exposed the Cracks in the Body Positivity Movement