The limited-edition MAC collection made its debut in Corpus Christi, Texas, the Houston Chronicle reported. It was curated by Selena’s sister, who took photos of the contents of the singer’s makeup case and sent them to the cosmetic company, which used the images to create specific makeup shades and products.
“This line is Selena on and off stage,” Selena’s sister, Suzette Quintanilla, said, according to the Chronicle. “She was my best friend. We talked a lot about everything. Clearly, we’re girls, and makeup was one of the key things we liked to talk about. This is something she was working on when she was taken from us.”
Selena was fatally shot in 1995, when she was 23.
Enthusiastic Selena fans appeared to flood the MAC website on Saturday, while the collection—which will be available until Nov. 17—drew praise for collaborating with and catering to Latina women.
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- The Dirty Secrets of Alternative Plastics
- Israeli Family Celebrates Release of Hostage Grandmother
- We Should Get Paid for Our Online Data: Column
- The COP28 Outcomes Business Leaders Are Watching For
- The 100 Must-Read Books of 2023
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time