Tom Hanks has long been considered one of America’s favorite actors, so it should come as no surprise that he continues to live up to the reputation. The Sully star crashed a wedding photo shoot in Central Park Sunday, pausing mid-jog to congratulate the couple.
After shaking the groom’s hand, kissing the bride’s hand and posing for some pictures, Hanks even offered to preside over the ceremony, according to The Huffington Post. “He asked if they needed a wedding officiant, because he is an ordained minister,” photographer Meg Miller said.
He then posted a selfie with the pair on his Instagram, writing, “Elizabeth and Ryan! Congrats and blessings! Hanx.”
Read more at HuffingtonPost.com.
- Taylor Swift Is TIME's 2023 Person of the Year
- Meet the Nation Builders
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- Column: It's Time to Scrap the Abraham Accords
- Israeli Family Celebrates Release of Hostage Grandmother
- In a New Movie, Beyoncé Finds Freedom
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time