Pumpkin spice latte season is right around the corner, but for enthusiasts who don’t want to wait a few weeks for the fall drink to hit cafes, it might be time to try a homemade version.
Making the cozy beverage at home requires little more than hot strong coffee, pumpkin puree, condensed milk and 10 spare minutes, according to a recipe from Food & Wine.
Mix the puree and condensed milk with some pumpkin pie spice and vanilla extract in a saucepan and heat it for about 5 minutes. Pour it into a cup, or two, and stir in the coffee (or espresso). If you like, top the drink with whipped cream and grated nutmeg. (See Food & Wine for more details.)
In case pumpkin crops are threatened again this year, you can also make the latte without any actual pumpkin by combining spices to create a pumpkin pie spice-flavored syrup. A recipe from Real Simple suggests mixing the flavored syrup with milk and coffee for a satisfying pumpkin spice latte.
- LeBron James Could Take Pickleball—Yes, Pickleball—to the Next Level
- It's Going to Be a Lot More Expensive to Heat Your Home This Winter. Here's What To Expect
- The U.S. Might Be the Surprising Determining Factor in the Future of Armenia
- Rapper Saucy Santana Is Opening a Door For His Community
- Here are the Biggest Moments from the TIME100 Leadership Forum and Impact Awards in Singapore
- Column: Russia Wants to Lock Ukraine Back in the Soviet Cellar
- As the Kanjuruhan Tragedy Shows, Indonesia Has Not Resolved Its Long-Standing Problem of Soccer Violence
- Here's Everything New on Netflix in October 2022
- A New Documentary Series Illuminates the History and Evolution of Queer Horror