Britney Spears will return to the MTV Video Music Awards stage this year for the first time since 2007.
Spears will perform at the 2016 VMAs, MTV announced on Tuesday with a video of a snake slithering around the singer’s dressing room.
“The VMAs don’t just give you a stage,” Spears says in a voiceover on the video. “They give you a story.”
Spears has a long history with the VMAs — the snake in the video recalls her iconic performance of “I’m a Slave 4 U” at the 2001 awards show, where she danced with a python named Banana. And in 2003, she famously shared a kiss with Madonna onstage.
The rapper G-Easy will join Spears on stage this year to perform “Make Me…” the lead single from Spears’s upcoming album Glory, which drops August 26.
The 33rd annual VMAs will air August 28 live from Madison Square Garden at 9 p.m. ET on MTV.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- Meet the 2024 Women of the Year
- Greta Gerwig's Next Big Swing
- East Palestine, One Year After Train Derailment
- In the Belly of MrBeast
- The Closers: 18 People Working to End the Racial Wealth Gap
- How Long Should You Isolate With COVID-19?
- The Best Romantic Comedies to Watch on Netflix
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time
Write to Mahita Gajanan at email@example.com