The water polo pool, situated in the Maria Lenk Aquatic Center next to the diving pool that drew attention for its deep green hue Tuesday, turned a light shade of green Wednesday, ahead of preliminary tournaments.
According to Olympics officials, the diving pool turned green on Tuesday due to “a proliferation of algae” caused by heat and lack of wind.
Officials said the change in color did not affect competition.
- How the Biden Administration Lost Its Way
- Hanya Yanagihara Is Never Going to Read Your Mean Tweets
- Inside Finland's Plan to End All Waste by 2050
- Chloe Kim Is Ready to Win Olympic Gold Again—On Her Own Terms
- Asia Has Kept COVID-19 at Bay for 2 Years. Omicron Could Change That
- Investors Are Sinking Real Money Into Virtual Real Estate, With No Guarantees
- The Man Putin Fears