It’s beginning to feel a lot like Christmas at Starbucks .
The coffee chain’s Starbucks For Life promotion has been offered during the holiday season for the past two years, and this year it has decided to do a summer edition, bringing it back four months earlier than expected. The offer began on August 2, and it’s scheduled to end on September 12.
Starbucks For Life is only available to Starbucks Rewards members over 18 years of age residing in either the U.S. or Canada. It’s essentially a digital board game. Players collect Bonus Stars and game pieces to win more chances at earning the ultimate prize.
To play Starbucks For Life, customers can use their Starbucks card or app to earn game plays, or more opportunities to win. The more money you spend at Starbucks, the more likely you are to win. The game is good for up to two transactions per day, but if you spend $10 or more it will count toward earning two game plays, so you can earn up to four game plays every day.
There will be 737 prizes distributed in total. Seven winners will get Starbucks for life; 30 Starbucks for a year; 150 Starbucks for a month; and 500 Starbucks for a week. The chain will also be awarding millions of Bonus Stars, which can be used to redeem prizes through Starbucks Rewards.
- Inside Mississippi's Last Abortion Clinic—and the Biggest Fight for Abortion Rights in a Generation
- Do Current COVID-19 Tests Still Detect Omicron?
- The First U.S. Offshore Wind Farm Could Be a Lifeline for Struggling New England Cities
- Welcome to TV's Era of Peak Redundancy
- The Key Role a Local Newspaper Played in the Trial Over Ahmaud Arbery's Murder
- TIME's Top 100 Photos of 2021
- 2021: The Year the Grift Kept Giving