Next time you pop into a Starbucks — but aren’t seeking the intensity of its new Nitro Cold Brew — you can opt for the latest secret menu item: the “Pink Drink.” Made by shaking up the coffee chain’s hot-pink Strawberry Açai Refresher with coconut milk and fresh fruit (your pick — strawberries or blackberries), the Barbie-pink beverage is taking social media by storm.
Spotted recently by FoodBeast, it appears to have really started taking off over the last few days. On Twitter, taste-testers are calling it a “magical elixir” reminiscent of pink Starburst candy:
Unlike many of the other secret menu beverages, which are usually variations of its frozen Frappuccino line (think: Bubblegum Frappuccino, with strawberries and creme plus raspberry syrup), this looks to be somewhat healthy. And although it only has a bit of “Green Coffee Extract” from the Refresher, it should still give you a sugar high. Of course, there’s no real “secret” menu at Starbucks: you simply have to know exactly what to order.
- The Fall of Roe and the Failure of the Feminist Industrial Complex
- The Ocean Is Climate Change’s First Victim and Last Resort
- Column: 6 Proven Ways to Reduce Gun Violence
- Ads Are Officially Coming to Netflix. Here's What That Means for You
- Jenny Slate on the Unifying Power of a Well-Heeled Shell Named Marcel
- Column: The FDA's Juul Ban May Not be a Pure Public Health Triumph
- What the Supreme Court’s Abortion Decision Means for Your State