Adele may be one of the most successful recording artists ever, but she isn’t afraid to admit that even she makes mistakes.
That, at least, is the takeaway from reports that she sang the wrong words to her own song at a show in Lisbon, Portugal last week. She immediately realizes the mistake and stops singing to laugh at herself, telling the audience “s***, wrong words…I started singing the verse.”
The audience seems to laugh, clap and ultimately bask in the revelation that Adele — though superior to just about everything — is still human. Watch the clip of the moment below.
From the brief soundbite we get of the song before Adele cuts herself off, it seems she was singing “A Million Years Ago” off her latest album, 25.
- Global Climate Solutions Exist. It's Time to Deploy Them
- What Happens to Diane Feinstein's Senate Seat
- Who The Golden Bachelor Leaves Out
- Rooftop Solar Power Has a Dark Side
- How Sara Reardon Became the 'Vagina Whisperer'
- Is It Flu, COVID-19, or RSV? Navigating At-Home Tests
- Kerry Washington: The Story of My Abortion
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time