Not every celebrity goes big for their significant other’s big day. While promoting his latest movie Money Monster with co-star Julia Roberts at the Cannes Film Festival, George Clooney revealed that his wife, Amal Clooney, got him an unusual present for his recent 55th birthday.
“We have a beautiful front lawn at our house in England and I used to mow lawns when I was a kid,” he told ET Canada. “So she bought me this giant riding lawnmower that is sitting at the house right now and I’m very excited about putting that to work when I’m home.”
The actor also joked that he celebrated the day by “crying and drinking,” two activities we don’t recommend doing on the lawnmower.
More Must-Read Stories From TIME
- How an Online Pharmacy Sold Millions Worth Of Dubious COVID-19 Drugs — While Patients Paid the Price
- Why Literally Millions of Americans Are Quitting Their Jobs
- Meet the Women Participating in the Study That Could Change Future of Breast Cancer
- Inside the Battle for the Hearts and Minds of Tomorrow's Business Leaders
- An Innovative Washington Law Aims to Get Foreign-Trained Doctors Back in Hospitals
- Why the Ex-Husband of a Missing Chinese Billionaire Is Risking All to Tell Their Story
- Timothée Chalamet Wants You to Wear Your Heart on Your Sleeve