Not every celebrity goes big for their significant other’s big day. While promoting his latest movie Money Monster with co-star Julia Roberts at the Cannes Film Festival, George Clooney revealed that his wife, Amal Clooney, got him an unusual present for his recent 55th birthday.
“We have a beautiful front lawn at our house in England and I used to mow lawns when I was a kid,” he told ET Canada. “So she bought me this giant riding lawnmower that is sitting at the house right now and I’m very excited about putting that to work when I’m home.”
The actor also joked that he celebrated the day by “crying and drinking,” two activities we don’t recommend doing on the lawnmower.
- Zero-COVID Protests in China Have Rattled Global Markets
- Column: Diversity Initiatives Are Failing the U.S. Muslim Community
- Why European Countries Are Giving Teens Free Money To Spend on Books, Music, and Theater
- Republican Skepticism of Trump Has Never Been Higher
- Column: The U.S. Prison System Doesn't Value True Justice
- How Green Is the Qatar World Cup’s Outdoor AC?
- 16 Funny and Whimsical White Elephant Gifts Under $25
- The 5 Best New TV Shows Our Critic Watched in November 2022