On Monday’s episode of The Late Show, Stephen Colbert explained that he usually needs a break during the super-long Academy Awards.
“At the Oscars halftime, I like to switch over to the Puppy Oscars,” Colbert said, “which we had to make ourselves because they don’t exist.”
Colbert rounded up a bunch of adorable puppies, who are all available for adoption, to recreate the ceremony. The pups, dressed up in outfits they can’t quite move around in, strut their stuff on the red carpet and recreate scenes from Best Picture nominees.
Colbert really seems to enjoy featuring dogs on his show, because just a few weeks ago, he hosted his own version of the Westminster Dog Show. One of the dogs from that video, a 15-year-old toothless pug named Dexter, makes a cameo in the Puppy Oscars video.
- Who Will Be TIME's Person of the Year 2023?
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- The Dirty Secrets of Alternative Plastics
- Column: It's Time to Scrap the Abraham Accords
- Israeli Family Celebrates Release of Hostage Grandmother
- In a New Movie, Beyoncé Finds Freedom
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time