On Monday’s episode of The Late Show, Stephen Colbert explained that he usually needs a break during the super-long Academy Awards.
“At the Oscars halftime, I like to switch over to the Puppy Oscars,” Colbert said, “which we had to make ourselves because they don’t exist.”
Colbert rounded up a bunch of adorable puppies, who are all available for adoption, to recreate the ceremony. The pups, dressed up in outfits they can’t quite move around in, strut their stuff on the red carpet and recreate scenes from Best Picture nominees.
Colbert really seems to enjoy featuring dogs on his show, because just a few weeks ago, he hosted his own version of the Westminster Dog Show. One of the dogs from that video, a 15-year-old toothless pug named Dexter, makes a cameo in the Puppy Oscars video.
- The Fight to Save the Salmon
- Inside the World of Black Bitcoin, Where Crypto Is About Making More Than Just Money
- The 'Great Resignation' Is Finally Getting Companies to Take Burnout Seriously. Is It Enough?
- Suddenly, Everyone on TV Is Very Rich or Very Poor. What Happened?
- Colin Powell Reflects on His Mistakes in Unpublished TIME Interview
- Business Travel's Demise Could Have Far-Reaching Consequences
- If the U.S. Spends Big on Climate, the Rest of the World Might Follow