Remember that 106-year-old woman who met President Obama and the First Lady and was so excited she danced? Thanks to an interview she did with People, we now know a bit more about her.
Virginia McLaurin, who visited the White House in honor of Black History Month, says she volunteers 40 hours per week—so basically a full time job’s worth—as a “foster grandparent.” She also says she has loved to dance for as long as she can remember. And of course, getting to meet Barack and Michelle Obama was an occasion worthy of busting some moves.
“I didn’t think I’d ever be able to get into the White House and meet the president,” McLaurin said “I loved that … I just loved it.”
Read the full story over at People.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- Alison Roman Won't Sugarcoat It
- If Donald Trump Is Indicted, Here's What Would Happen Next in the Process
- The World's Greatest Places of 2023
- Exclusive: Effective Altruist Leaders Were Repeatedly Warned About Sam Bankman-Fried Years Before FTX Collapsed
- Who Should Be on the 2023 TIME100? Vote Now
- Postmaster General Louis DeJoy's Surprising Second Act
- Gaslighting, Narcissist, and More Psychology Terms You're Misusing
- In This Texas County, There's No Such Thing as Moving on From COVID-19
- In Defense of Nora Ephron's Unfairly Panned Heartburn Movie
- Want Today's Top Headlines in Your Inbox? Sign Up for The Brief