If you thought Pizza Hut’s newest pie boasting a crust made out of 16 cheese-stuffed garlic knots was decadent, then check out these pictures of the product covered in 24-karat gold.
For Super Bowl 50 on Feb. 7, the company is giving away 50 of these special pizzas — which are worth $100 each, compared to $12.99 for one that is not covered in gold, according to the brand. Americans can enter to win one by ordering a regular cheese-stuffed garlic knots pizza from their local franchise or by emailing the company’s PR division. (Instructions on how to enter are here.) Winners will get the gold monstrosities delivered to their doorstep.
“It’s not every day that the Golden Anniversary of the Big Game is played in the Golden State,” Jared Drinkwater, Pizza Hut’s Vice President of Marketing, said in a statement.
No word on how many extra calories the 24-karat gold adds to the pie, which already has 440 calories per slice.
- The Biggest Moments From the Second Republican Debate
- Rooftop Solar Power Has a Dark Side
- Death and Desperation Take Over the World's Largest Refugee Camp
- Right-Wing's New Aim: a Parallel Economy
- Is It Flu, COVID-19, or RSV? Navigating At-Home Tests
- Kerry Washington: The Story of My Abortion
- How Canada and India's Relationship Crumbled
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time